About the Company
ATEC is an international company providing innovative leveraged transportation, documentation, warehousing and order management services with specific focus and expertise in the food and beverage sectors.
January 8, 2018
We are looking for a fully bilingual English / Spanish person, with bachelor degree in accounting, fast learning & multitask; able to work and communicate along others; a person who takes his/her responsibilities seriously.
The candidate has to have recent experience and good knowledge of MS Dynamics GP; Management Report and advance level on Excel (2013), preferred with experience on macros.
The candidate should have accounting background; financial experience in international business; warehouse / inventory; and financial statements preparation; also is relevant recent experience with A/R & A/P using Dynamics GP.
Summary / Objective
The candidate will be in charge of the full accounting process of one of our companies. Each week will perform the following activities:
- A/R and Collections
- Process invoices received from suppliers and review their account statements
- Review and consolidate operational reports related to commissions and sales
- Review and consolidate administrative expenses
- Reconcile G/L accounts, and keep track of expenses
- Prepare financial statements
Also will be responsible for the creation and maintenance of:
- Our products, their prices and specifications
- Clients and Suppliers, conditions and terms of sale
- Load templates per customer
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- 1-3 years Logistics/Export/Warehousing/Freight forwarding industry experience is a plus
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish (Fluent Verbal & Written) is mandatory
- Must be detail oriented, with accurate data entry skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Outlook and Word
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Detailed oriented, analytical and able to multitask
- Must work well individually and as part of a team with little direction
- Must have intermediate to advance skills in Outlook, Excel, Macros and other MS office programs
- Must have intermediate to advance skills in Microsoft Dynamics Great Plains and Integration Manager
- Collections experience would be helpful, but not necessary
- Perform all aspects of the accounts payable function by matching purchase orders to invoices and entering the invoices into the software according to department procedures
- Identify errors or discrepancies and resolve before processing
- Communicate with customers, suppliers, ocean carriers and / or insurance companies in order to obtain all info needed to evaluate discrepancies according to our policies, procedures and time frames
- Proven working experience as accounts payable and receivable clerk
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail
- Maintain strong relations with suppliers and utilize negotiation skills
- Display positive regard and professionalism for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications
- Process all inquiries from management, customers and suppliers in a timely and professional manner
- Solid understanding of accounting principles
- Perform day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, posting and recording accounts payable and accounts receivable data
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear with other co-workers; management members; also vendor’s and customers’ representatives in person or by phone and should be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The person in this position needs to occasionally move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office equipment, etc.
This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
The employee must be available during the “core” work hours of 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. and must work 37.5 hours each week to maintain full-time status.
Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position does not require to travel.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent and three to five years of proven success in accounting management.
- Some experience as an accounting supervisor
- Two to five years handling A/P functions
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
None required for this position.
This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Excellent opportunity to grow in the company based on skills and performance.
To apply, please fill in the requested information and attach your resume in PDF format.